Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How I'm Reading (2nd post)

On the first day it started to amaze me how many people joined on the first and second day. There are about 20 people and so far it has all been well.

I have been reading a bug book called "The First Book of Bugs" by Margaret Willamson. Did you know that bugs can trick birds and other animals? Like a butterfly can trick a bird that it isn't a butterfly so the bird won't eat it. I bet you didn't know that! Did you know that kids in China carry crickets in cages around their necks? They think that crickets are good luck. Did you know diving beetles have holes under their wings so they can store air in a bubble so they can breathe underwater where they catch their food? Didn't God make bugs cool? Except for flies! Did you know that they are very, very dirty and they lay their eggs on garbage?

I was only able to read 30 minutes on the first day, but I'm planning on reading more to make it up!

Yesterday I read 1 hour and 3 minutes. One book I read was "Go Dog, Go!"by P.D. Eastman
It was about dogs messing around. I thought it was funny that one dog kept worrying about her hat.

So far today I've read 30 minutes. I read more on the bug book.

5 comments:

  1. Benjamin,
    Today in our town in Canada, we got to see the Olympic Torch being carried through our town. As we watched and were cheering, for some reason, my mind went to you. You should have heard the noise around us--cheering for the Olympics and Canada. It made me think that's probably what God, his angels and the people in heaven are doing for your efforts to help the people in Haiti. They are cheering so LOUDLY for you!! We're VERY proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin, I'm so glad that you are telling us what you are doing! I like the books you're reading. I can't wait to hear about more of your bugs and your books! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Iam like Gayle White in that I tried to "jump blogs" and was not able to do so. It is hard to teach an old dog new tricks and Iam speaking for only myself. Anyway, I will pay Benjamin $100 for his funding project as soon as he completes his reading.
    George Nies

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great, Benjamin!! Not only are you doing all the reading for a great cause, but you're also teaching us old people some interesting info about bugs, etc.!! Your Aunt Becky was sooo right...you truly are a special young man. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete